this site the web

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hazards of mixing work and vacation


Mixing work on a holiday has its hazards, at least in my case. Two days ago something happened to me that caused me pause. I was told that I was competitive or 'kai su' in local lingo.I brought my love of photography and blogging to a vacation and it was not welcomed!!
Admittedly, I made some mistakes but it was certainly not pleasant for me to hear criticism about my 'babies', photography and blogging. I felt embarrassed and humiliated. I thought of striking back with some clever verbal retorts but I knew my true nature was not revengeful. It was still difficult though to exercise some self control under those circumstances. Perhaps if we had been able to communicate in the first place this could have been avoided.

Mistakes are building blocks of success. Our fears stem to a great extent from family and significant people in our lives telling us who we should be which does affect our direction in life unless we come to realize their influence. Many times we fail to communicate effectively because we feel we do not have a safe and proper platform to communicate. Another hard lesson in life learnt. Its time for me to embark on a road to self discovery once again.

2 comments: